Monday, May 28, 2007

CHILLIN' MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND............................




Spent Sunday at Frank's beach house in Oostburg. Look familiar Sheboyganeer's?? Yes..It's on the route of your winter beach ride. I am going to join you guys next winter for one for sure. Maybe drag Russell and Coop with me. I understand breakfast is an added bonus on this ride so I probably won't need to twist any arms.

Anyway, Frank is a high-falootin' corporate attorney for a multi-national company based in St Louis. He works down there but gets to spend about 3 days a week at his beach house here. Having access to a corporate jet makes this type of living possible. When I grow up, I want to be Frank. Frankly, Frank does not act very grown up though. This fire on the beach wound up getting a bit out of hand due to his pyro-tendancies. He has also perfected the art of drinking scotch while jet-skiing.
But you know Bubba had everything under control.

SATURDAY........WEMS..........

Some pics from the first WEMS race.
Props to Brittany and crew for a very well done event and good times. Congrats to Meg, Ron and the other winners.
There was poison ivy everywhere. I glad I kept him at home. He usually waits until July or August before giving me a good case of it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"high-falootin' corporate attorney"...was he hiding you from your boss cause of your sleeping on the job? Does he represent Wylie E. Coyote as well?

Dano said...

Dude!
I totaly know that house! Have rode past it a million time! In fact, I thought as the firt pic of you on the beach was loading that I reconized the tree line.

You know, I tried to get all you "southerners" down here for like five years and pretty much gave up a year ago.

You really should, ya know.

bubba said...

"I wonder what the poor people are doing right now"
I said to my bride as we enjoyed a beverage while lounging on the beach. Then my damn dog dropped a dead Alwive in my lap and brought me back to reality...
I will get up there for a ride this winter for sure..What a great little stretch on the lake right there.

Anonymous said...

That's "What a great little stretch right dere on the lake dere, eh."
Get it together man!

Anonymous said...

With the lack of posts, I believe that bubba may have followed Jack into the water while at the beach...Jack can swim, bubba only claims to be able to.