Thursday, July 31, 2008
He was explaining the Sicilian mafia reference of oranges and impending death.
It seems that the above photo hints that I may not be around much longer.
The presence of oranges in all three Godfather movies indicates that a death or a close call will soon happen. The Senator is framed for murder after playing with oranges at the Corleone house, and Johnny Ola brings an orange into Michael's office before the attempt on Michael's life. Fanucci eats an orange just before he is gunned down and Michael is eating an orange (it looks like an apple, but it is an orange) while plotting to kill Roth. Plus, Marlon Brando as Vito puts an orange peel in his mouth prior to his death.
––Peter Cowie, Coppola: A Biography•
The Godfather was the highest grossing film in history at the time it was released. It is still one of the highest grossing films in history.
Tony Soprano was also eating an orange in the second to last episode when he was talking to Carmella at the beach house and we all know what happened to him.....
Oh wait...actually none of us know what happened to him.
Anyway....I ask you this.......Who would want to harm little ol' Bubba??
Monday, July 28, 2008
Jamie participated in her first barista "throw-down" competition type thing at Alterra on Humbolt tonight and Julie and I headed down to cheer her on Super-fan style. This was a "sexy latte" contest judged on appearance only.....I don't think any of them even were drank....drinked...or drunk.
Jamie taking a few last minute tips from her co-worker and coach Alex.....
Judging by the oooh's, aaah's, and high fives I think she will do pretty good, but how would I know. To this day the only thing I've ever had at Alterra is black coffee....but I'm threatening.. that looks pretty tasty.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Monday, July 07, 2008
CHOCOLATE O CLARE........
Kenny farted on the podium. The guy from Minnesota thought it was funny....I didn't think so.
Some pics here.
I was tagged by Rachael....thanks.
1. I am a huge procrastinator (especially when it comes to things like this) which is partly why it took me the better part of a week to respond to being tagged.
2. I have an extremely low tolerance for mainstream country music.
3. I have no backbone when it comes to my kids...
4. I was a 7 handicap when I played golf in high school. I can still hit a golf ball a country mile, but now have no clue as to which direction it will go.
5. I always wanted to be Keith Richards when I was a little kid. I'm not so sure about that any more though. Have you seen that guy lately?
6. I'm not a big fan of fruit and really have to struggle to eat it. I've been telling my wife for 20 years that I need to start eating more of it. Now, when I say it she just gets annoyed.
I don't think there is anyone left to tag.
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Y'all may find it hard to believe, but I'm not the Wisconsin singlespeed state champion.
This guy came out of nowhere to take the win and kill my dreams. Jeez..I didn't see that one coming.
That's OK though....he's in the dream killin' business.
Russell was kind enough to ride with me from the "mush" position with me taking on "sled-dog" duties. He was also more than willing to point out every less than perfect line I would take with the kind encouragment one would expect from Russell.
This was going really well until about 1.5 miles left in the race when he dumped me for some chick, and finished the race with her.
The race and race course were really fun....... I'm waiting for the results to post in hopes that I wasn't DFL.
I'm not sure how to give proper photo credit, but this guys much better half took the above shot.