Wednesday, October 03, 2007



I LIKE COFFEE..............

That's right coffee, C-O-F-F-E-E....ok? I don't know much about all these nifty new coffee drinks like breve's, expresso's, latte's, etc., but I figure if John Wayne didn't need them, neither do I.

I've been a coffee drinker ever since I can remember, but only lately have I become "picky" to a point that I would rather go without than drink an average(or worse) product. Jamie started working for Alterra a few months ago and we now have a kitchen full of assorted fresh, high-end "joe" that quite frankly has gotten me a bit spoiled. You conessuers all know the brews.....Cafe' Voltaire, Blue Heeler, Punch in the Face, Dark Sumatra or Kama Sutra or whatever. And the list goes on. I actually had to pull some of the good beer out of the fridge to make room.

I've even recently warmed up to the whole "coffee shop experience" since Jamie is no longer working in the mall and is at the brand new Alterra on 92nd and North ave. ( A friendly enough outfit, but their MTB racing team could sure use a little help :).....It's gonna be a real nice pit stop this fall/winter when the trail rides get downright cold.

Hell, I might even try one of those fancy-schmancy coffee drinks one of these days....but until then I'll like my coffee like I like my women....

Handpicked by Juan Valdez

Strapped to the back of a donkey

Dragged on a 10 day trip across the Andes mountains

Above is the first and last time I will ever use that stupid sideways smiling face thingy :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coffee is crap

julie said...

the Madison folks got Ben and I completely addicted to Just Coffee and now we find ourselves driving to freaking Madison just to get some. it's a nasty habit. at least with beer you can get it all at the Kenosha Woodman's.

TonyG said...

Ahhh. . . Bubba my friend, come talk to Greg and I. I think you and Jamie would look even better wearing the Alterra jersey as well.

bmxmtbfam said...

how about ground up and in the freezer

Tom K said...

And I always thought herbal tea for you...

Dano said...

I only drink coffee when everyone else does so I can look cool like them. :-)

I have a pound of "breakfast blend" in my fridge right now! :-0

I also will not pay 5 bucks for some weird coffee drink that has a weird name. :-(
:-)
:-)
:-)
:-)

DIHAF? said...

I thought you liked your coffee chopped up and in the freezer. I think I need to of the stupid sideways face thingies on that one. :) :) Maybe three. :)

While I have attempted to patronize the Alterra on North there is always a big line with people in it that have a lot more time on their hands then I do.

Anonymous said...

being married to a coffee know-it-all has benefits.

First of all freeze your beans, WHOLE BEANS, or leave them at room temp. The refrigerator is an evil place for beans. Then grind them before use in a BURR GRINDER, not a blade grinder.

then I scoop the ground beans into a spoon and melt it over the gas flame in the kitchen. then I carefully draw the melted beans into a glass syringe and allow it to come to 120 degrees before injecting directly into my pubic artery.

Now that's how a caffeined powered addict does it right. <;-o=

MTB Girl said...

:-)

What's wrong with smiley faces?

:-)

Tom K said...

talk about a shot of espresso