Wednesday, September 10, 2008

GUSTO................................

Gus woke up yesterday waiving the white flag signifying he was ready to retire. Not to worry..There won't be any teary press conference, followed by a change of heart and a comeback....Gus was ready for retirement for sure.
This shit is never easy, but we were lucky to have him for a year and a half.......What a great dog...

In lighter news...
Rust on my can of big air hints that I may be stretching my good luck a little too far.

I'm off to Chequamegon.

6 comments:

DIHAF? said...

Gusto was a good boy.

That was also a very nice thing for you and your family to take him in and give him a nice experience as he headed down the home stretch.

Unknown said...

good bye Gus.

old 'n slow said...

I'm certain he'll be with you at Fat Tire pulling your butt up the hills. The breaze beneath your wings if you will.

John & Lynne

Anonymous said...

good dog! He's chasing bunnies and pheasants again in that big grassy field in the sky. Good show, Team Bubba

Anonymous said...

I shed a tear for you my friend...that's Gus, not you bubba.

This is always hard with "dogs" short life spans. You gave him, his last good years, which we all know he was truly thankful for!

MTB Girl said...

It surely is hard to lose a loved one. "Non-pet people" just don't understand. I know Bear will be ready to retire soon as well. At least we know they lived a FULL and happy life.