Tuesday, June 06, 2006



RACE REPORT-WAUSAU

The original plan was to try to stay towards the front of my wave and just hang on until we got to the singletrack, but 250 yards into the grassy lead out I was in the lead. While this would have been my preffered position at the end of the race, I knew it was not where I wanted to be for the leadout. I was about 6th going into the single track behind Lenny, a couple 50-55ers and a few of the younger clydes. I figured I would take my chances in the singletrack rather than try to chase them on the road. I rode all the trails real well and even caught MAYBEEEEATCH the SSer at the top of the Ho-chi-min trail right where it spits you out into the ski trail. He knew I was on his tail and took that turn real wide so I could not crack him on the ass as I passed as instructed by my coach and the shcmuck that claims to be my coach.

I finished the race riding pretty much alone for a second behind Lenny.

I'll take second to Lenny any day, but I must admit this view is getting old.

No comments: