Monday, March 12, 2007

MAIDEN VOYAGE.....................................

I took the "Graped Ape" out for it's first little ride tonight. Pretty damn nice.

I'm gonna' get my ass handed to me in style this season.

Before I went on my ride I took a walk on the "Bubba trail" with these two. The river is high and mooovin'. We observed something I've never seen in 43 years of living on the river. Giant chunks of ice busting loose and floating down the river. They were making loud crashing sounds as they broke loose and when they hit rocks and fallen trees in the river. One piece got stood up on end and was about 12 feet tall. We must have just been in the right place at the right time. Awesome sight. I had to keep Jack-shit from jumping in and taking a rocket ride to Jones Island.

1 comment:

Mike said...

What no pics of the ice??? Man I feel gyped. I don't have the imaginitive power to conjure it up myself. So anyway, it will be awhile till we can ride the trails, right? I've resorted to riding my MTB on the side of the road wherever it's not a bog. Usually people's front yards.