Tuesday, August 22, 2006

WTF DO I DO NOW??????????????

I do not have a mountain bike with gears right now. While I really like riding SS, racing them requires a set of mid-section marbles that I have only been able to produce twice so far this season. I thought I would finish the year SS'ing at The Rapids and Sheboygan, but it was never in the plans for Devil's Head for sure.
Race or volunteer becomes the question for this weekend.??????

Reasons to volunteer
1. I would get quality volunteer points as I am in a battle for the series win.
2. Jamie and Megan are really doing well this year and I have not been able to watch them race. If they let me volunteer on the course somewhere, I could do that.
3. I should do it because, as Coop says, volunteers are needed to make these events what they are. He has volunteered in WORS, WEMS, and at the Wed. night metro races.
4. It may rain (but I like racing in the rain).

Reasons to race
1. Racing is cool(even for a fat, old, slow guy)
2. It might rain. On the single, that may be a plus.

I better pull my head out of my ass and make up my mind.

10 comments:

DIHAF? said...

No big deal.

Mitch Man said...

Who needs gears!

Mountaingoat said...

Race. A 22/22 is perfect for devils head.

DIHAF? said...

The double double duece, yo.

Anonymous said...

I'll bring a geared bike for ya... I'd rather race ya! :-)

Ronsta, said...

I don't have a mountainbike with gears either and don't really see the dilema here.

I think MG meant 32:22.

SugsCandy said...

Bubba, If you're not gonna race. Can I use your 22?

Hauser said...

Come on Bubba, Holcomb and I need to work on race strategy, are you in or out? Cause the cooler would be a lot lighter with out 2 steaks and an extra 12er of Black Label. Don't make us plan around you, I'd give you a bike but I am fresh out of extra bikes. See you down there one way or the other.

Anonymous said...

I have a 26" Sugar I havn't ridden in years; I bet it would fit you. Had it ready for 24x9 and never used it. Let me know, then again what the hell do you need gears for?

tosacrosser said...

gears are for queers