Friday, January 05, 2007

MY NEW WORKOUT..................

I've been doing some lap swimming lately. My neighbor has been doing it for years and had been bustin' my chops to give it a go. I'm really glad I did. I have swam about 5 of the last 10 days and can certainly tell that I have been working. It's a real nice change of pace and a darn good cardio workout from what I'm told. I'm taking it easy initially, but even after 20 to 30 minutes at a steady easy pace I'm felling pretty good. I will gradually ramp it up in the coming weeks. My only complaint is that the pool can get a bit crowded at the "Y" so I'm looking into some options for my own gig.

3 comments:

SugsCandy said...

You could always join the National Body Challenge through Discovery Health and get a free 8week membership to Bally's. They have a nice pool, Hot tub and sauna to boot!

The Shed Master said...

Looking at the picture it appears your 2007 training program consists of looking like a F'n dork. I've told you before - it doesn't work for Ramby and it won't work for you.

Christine said...

Swimming is so relaxing and it is great to stretch those muscles! The best thing after a good swim is the appetite that goes with it! Enjoy!