Wednesday, June 20, 2007

PHATHER'S DAY AT FILLIPS...........................

Having kids that love the same sport as you do makes it easy to get a free pass to go racing even on Fathers Day. Now, we support our creepy little tax write-off's in all their activities (some of those earlier squeeky violin concerts of Meg's were particularly painfull), but I admit I have lucked out with the cycling thing. No complaints.

Meg, on the other hand, was doing a little complaining..... This was our maiden voyage at Phillips and the first 10 minutes of the pre-ride had her barking about the lack of technical singletrack. But 2 times around the lap portion of the course put a smile on her face and confidence in her pocket. On the way back in she says"I don't want to jinx myself, but I think I can do pretty good tomorrow"
And good she did taking the overall win of 20 or so women including some of her best competition.
From whinning to winning....She's hillarious.

Jamie made the move to elite to race with the "bigshots". She was pretty nervous and had realistic expectations. At times she looked very good, and there were times later in the race when she looked pretty smoked. I think she did pretty well and she should improve when she gets used to the extra lap and overall speed of the race.

Then I came home Sunday to Andrea presenting me with this "Monster Wok on Steroids". This thing is SUUUUWEEEET!!!
Now,I just need to make the time to have a few get-togethers.
It was indeed, a happy Fathers Day.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

i hope that casey and zoe enjoy riding as much as your girls do when they are older. it's a dream of mine.

Dano said...

I on the other hand have struggled with a family that does not understand the passion.

You are truly lucky my friend.

(now dont blow it)

MTB Girl said...

I don't know how you managed to spawn girls that are so freakin' fast! Meg was awesome Sunday. I truly enjoyed riding with her. . . . .that is until she SMOKED me on the last lap. :-)

Anonymous said...

mtb girls has a good point..."I don't know how you managed to spawn girls that are so freakin' fast!", bubba wasn't your neighbor a marathoner?

DIHAF? said...

Is that a propane wok stove dere Bubba?

I know where all the happy, rucky, you rikey, good for you Joe, oriental food stores are. I need to make a supply run for some a dat funky stuff if you want to go. Very cheap, vely good, you rike, lound eye.