Tuesday, September 18, 2007

CHEQUAMEGON 2007.....A NICE WEEKEND

Great weather and great company(all the usual suspects plus got a chance to meet and hang out with Sam Kuehnel and Mike Curtes...great guys). Spent a bunch of time with the Hayes guys riding, drinking, eating, drinkng, talking stupid and drinking. Those"stuffed shirts"really need to learn how to have a good time.
As for my race.....I was able to shave 21 minutes off last years time and moved me up 315 spots. I think having gears may have helped me a bit this year, but I would never admit that in public. As I told Mike Phillips....he's lucky that the race wasn't 5 miles longer because I was feeling pretty good out there. I also told him I was going to be gunnin' for him in his defense of the night race championship. (21 is the magic number of beers it takes to get me talking that kind of smack.) You know he's scared now...I mean..DANG..I look pretty fresh up there for just finishing a 40 mile race.
Like all the big shots, I should thank all the folks that make me look good out there........ Superfly for the nice photo, Big Dale for the Spotted Cow recovery drink, Mt Borah sausage casings for making me look like I mean business, and who wouldn't look like Clint Eastwood when your horse is a nice bike from Gunnar?
The above is entirely true except for the part about Sam and Mike...They're really not all that nice of guys.

6 comments:

DIHAF? said...

Git 'R Dun!

Hauser said...

Jay and I had a shot of Jack's own recovery drink, straight out of ol' no. 7 and into the Sun Flask. Mmmmmm, replentish the fluids. See you in Iola.

Christine said...

Nice Results!

Dano said...

Yeah.... good job.

Anonymous said...

Smooth moves Bubba. Smoothe moves.

drd said...

Nice work Bubba!