Thursday, March 13, 2008


ALL DUCK-TAPED UP AND NO PLACE TO GO.......


I hit the road at 3:20 pm feeling like I just might have shaken the dreadmocus that's rendered me uncharacteristically slow and sluggish for the last 2 weeks, but I still feel the tail end. So, what I had hoped to be a good long ride wound up only being 20 miles total with a stop in the middle to pay a visit to my ma.
My ma had some re-grafting surgery on her neck and chest from a burn accident 3 years ago. She spent some time recovering at the burn unit at St. Mary's and then had to transition at Franciscan Woods in Brookfield because apparently, at 71, you don't bounce back quite as quickly from that kind of stuff .

At first, when they said she had to go to rehab.......she said.... no.....no.....no......but she went anyway. She will be going home Saturday, so it's all good.

3 comments:

Christine said...

NICE

Hauser said...

What the hell, I got dropped from the blogroll, you are going down in Iola my friend...it's on now! Of course unless you add me back to the list.....

tosacrosser said...

"that's rendered me uncharacteristically slow and sluggish"

So, what, like you're actually going backwards now?...

o'^o o'^o o'^o o'^o o'^o o'^o o'^o