Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TOOK A RIDE......

Ran into Erich-the-bald last night on the local trails. We took a ride and did some exploring and reconniscence. We put our heads together and made an ass out of ourselves....get it?

I hit up the trails again tonight with The artist formerly known as Coooop..
We also took a nice ride and did some exploring. Both nights I rode the pedal bike pictured above and recall thinking on a number of occasions that it would have been a much better choice than the Salsa for the muddy conditions in Rockford on Sunday.
I continue to learn all my lessons the hard way.
I also recall thinking about reading Spicyride's blog post about her local trails and the different names people give to certain parts of their trails. Everybody does it......I mean Sheboygan has The Equalizer, Crystal Ridge has Craters of the Moon, there is a section on the Rhinelander course called The Wart....and the list goes on.
On our local trails in Tosa we have areas like Harley Woods, Monkey Ridge, Homo Holler, and Ass-Water Creek. I also understand there is a piece of trail being labeled The Bubba Trail....I don't know the significance of the name, but it's a pretty nifty section.

3 comments:

DIHAF? said...

The Bubba trails.

Some legends have it that is was carved by men. Some legends have that it was carved by beasts. Some legends have it that it was mainly built by some sort of man/beast. And unlicensed trail builder at that. So be ye warned that these trails are unsanctioned, and illegal (watch for swat teams swinging in on ropes)and as Bubba indicated, pretty nifty.

Tom K said...

something tells me it's near ass-water creak

drd said...

I like Ho Chi Mihn up at 9=mile...