Thursday, May 18, 2006



NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Dump, whizz, tube, air, goo, suffer, how are the kids going to do? Did Randy DNF yet? These are all things that go through my head in the start chute. Yea...I get the willies BIG TIME. But why? Mid-way through the first lap I relax and have a blast, but all that anxiety can't be a positive. Can it? At least when I ride the Rig , I don't have to worry about the derailluer falling off.

I think the RX-7 is sold. Angel from Chicago called last night and said he's renting a trailer at 7am and will be at my place by 9am on Saturday morning. He originally wanted to drive it home last Saturday when he first came to look at it. I had to convice him that it was not a good idea to drive back to Chi-town with a busted brake line and having to stop the car using the parking brake even though I made it look easy on our test drive. It also has 20yr. old gas, oil, antifreeze and all fluids. He finally agreed that a good tune up and going over would be best before it is driven too much.

The course conditions Saturday will make the decision for me as far as bike choice for Sunday. The original plan was for the Sugar, but the wetter things get, I will lean towards the Rig. I can only imagine the gear combo needed to haul 240 lbs up that mess.

1 comment:

Mountaingoat said...

Ride the Rig. Go with either a 32-20 or 32-22.