Monday, May 08, 2006



PROUD DAD... I'LL MAKE THIS QUICK

I did not know what to expect for Meg as far as moving up to sport. She has spent almost zero time on a bike in the off-season except for bmx practices which ended a while ago. I know she is a good rider technically and did very well in citizen last year, but the extra distance and lack of saddle time had me a bit concerned. I think I was worried about nothing. She won her age group by almost 17 minutes and finished pretty near mid-pack overall. A successful first face on her newly refurbished race bike. Given to her as a gift by MAAABEEEATCH it was his circa 1996 race bike. I hear he was fast back then. I had it powder coated and bought new parts for a Xmas gift, and this clown built it up for her.

She is racing middle-distance for her high school track team and taken 1st in the 800 in every JV race she's done. The coach has also put her on some varsity relay teams in 4x800 and 4x 1mile. Not bad for a freshman and total track rookie. She is setting PR's in the 800 just about every time she races. After dropping the hammer on Helga -the eastern european a few weeks ago I started to get the idea she is developing the competative edge. I kinda like that. She showed it again yesterday when she shot out of the pines and locked horns with some guy in a sprint to the finish line.

6 comments:

DIHAF? said...

She makes Russell's dead (RIP) frozen hamster look like a total loser.

bubba said...

That pic or Helga in the hot pants was taken at Milwaukee Lutheran field house....aka The house that Flat built.

TonyG said...

THAT'S A MAN, BABY!

DIHAF? said...

...and I only had one rule if I got them the 3.5 mill. No Helgas. Bastards.

Anonymous said...

yo bubba. from one old dad to another congrats. nothing better, for me, than my road trips riding and racing with the girl. i hope ours can hook up some, as the season unfolds. tmontee

bubba said...

Agreed....Sounds good Tim.