Sunday, July 09, 2006

MY ASS HURTS

Come to think of it my whole fragile self is in the hurt-bag this morning. I mean shit...stand up, sit down, on the bike, off the bike.The last time I had that much fun and my ass felt like this was..........well nevermind, I'm rambling on and that was a long time ago.
Saturday was the State Singlespeed Championship (Gee Bubba....Do ya think you might be in a little over your head??) at Blue Mounds State Park. I had never been there before and it sure did live up to it's billing. Sharp rocks and flatting was the "mechanical "of the day. Not for Bubba though....I knew I had to fill my tires harder than Micheal Jackson at a cub scout campout in order to keep from flatting which is exactly what I did. I realized right away that I would be paying a price for it. I was bounced around like a pinball and it beat me up pretty good. Any thoughts of "rolling the dice" and letting some air out were nixed early in the first lap when my seatbag worked it's way open and all my flat repair stuff spilled out on the trail. By the time I noticed what happened, it was way too late to go back and collect all my crap. I then knew if I flatted, I was done. I managed to finish (not DFL either) despite not feeling my best and off a long night Friday. I figure 18 or so more spots and I wudda caught this guy. I asked him after if he wanted to sell his plaque. Dude wouldn't even listen to my offer.....
My prediction for the top 5 was right on except Mountaingoat was supposed to be in there instead of the guy that took 5th. Oh well.... he will have plenty of opportunities to get back to the top of my "hero list".

3 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

Me, on the top of a Hero list? Do you just drink all the time?

DIHAF? said...

Bubba,

I had you on the top 5 list. My list takes into account style points.

Anonymous said...

I DFL'd Blue Mounds and I was still happy with my finish. happy just to finish actually. thought my chamois might need to be surgically removed though.