Sunday, September 03, 2006

GET A LIFE

That's what my wife and Coop told me after listening to me whine and sulk about my complete meltdown at Devil's Head last week. I'm over it and better days are to come.
Thursday, Julie and I ditched the knuckleheads for a short trip to the nortwoods hey! We started in Rhinelander, the home of my cousin Amy and her boyfriend Terry. They turned me on to the Smokin' Spoke trails. A local bike shop puts on an early season race there and if you have not ridin them, it is definately worth a try. If fact we ran into WORS Don there on Friday riding with the potential race director who is trying to get it as a replacment for one of the races that will be lost after this season.
I ran into Don again Saturday at the WEMS race at Stump farm and he admitted he was checking out both places as possible replacment venues. I talked to him about it briefly and wish I could tell you I had some kind of inside scoop, but Don is not really one to "show his cards."
I think both of these courses would make for great WORS races to replace Kewaunee and Calumet. He actually mentioned that he may need to find 3 new race venues, but did not say which other one may be out.??..??

Alright.... enough business and on to some of what has made this blog what it is today.........LAME-ASS........
I did my first 6 hour solo race at the Stump Farm on Saturday. O.K...so I show up with a gallon of gatorade, 2 salted nut rolls, and a box of cheez-its. Ronsta and Coooop just shook their heads really putting a dent in my fragile self-asteem. So I ask them for a little advice as this was my first race of this kind.
Ron advised me to eat and drink from start to finish to avoid the big bonk. Easy enough.....I've eaten and drank for 6 straight hours plenty of times before. Coooop suggested wearing 2pair of shorts to keep the "grumpy-ass" to a minimum.
I knew I could count on these guys. My wife ran to the store and got me some decent food and I had no problems with the backside whatsoever.

5 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

6 hours. Nice!

Anonymous said...

Hey Keith,

It was great to have you and Julie up in the Nort'woods, and to get you biking on our trails. You did great on the Rig with the terrain here. These two "newbies" were impressed! I'm sure Wayne Fish appreciates your input for the WORS possibility here, and we hope some of the other clowns you run with can bike here sometime. Have them check out the Bike-N-Boards web site for trail maps if they are in the area: www.bikes-n-boards.com/index.htm - look under Northwoods Ride Maps at the top of the page, or go direct http://www.bikes-n-boards.com/maps.htm

We want to get riders to check out the Smok'n Spoke trail to see about getting set up as a WORS race venue for next year. Any input is great.

Hope to see you at Wisconsin Rapids, where we might just get our feet wet and enter the race.

Terry & Amanda

DIHAF? said...

So Bubba,

How did they now all your friends are clowns? Did they just make an assumption or were they clicking on links?

Also don't let that Cooper guy pressure you into getting a life.

bubba said...

Terry is a pretty thorough guy. I'm sure he linked through the little blog circle and made the very accurate "clown" reference only after careful research.

Anonymous said...

Wit dat shirt, "Terry" must no a clown when he see's one. Terry...no offense intented. I'm the guy with the purple/zebra threads that bubba kindly posts on this here bloggamasite!