Sunday, September 17, 2006



PRODUCT TESTING

So I break my frame and the Fisher folks send me a new frame, eccentric (ik-sen-trik) and one of these "fancy-shmancy" carbon forks. I just assumed they needed a crash test dummy for some product testing. Now...I'm quite sure these two can put the Switchblade fork through the paces big-time, but unless they are riding with one on the others shoulders or have a full keg strapped to their backs(I think example 2 is more likely) they are not leaning as much tonnage on it as I can. So it was off to Chequamegon for my first real "taste" of rigid singlespeeding.

Thursday was my first ride on the new set up. We rode the Ojibwa trail right next to the Hayes guy's condo. I must agree with Jay ......This is quality singletrack...Pretty darn bumpy, and the fork was really cool. Friday was a short easy pre-ride on a section of the 40 course and an early crash(bed that is)to prepare for Saturday's events.

The 40 came and went in 03:23:40.8 shaving 5 minutes off last year's time. Da Monsta and The Darkness(congrats to both) finished just a few minutes ahead of me robbing me of my podium spot, but I'll live............and I am happy to report that the bike,the fork and the Bubba are all in one piece and no worse for the wear.

I'm still trying to find out if these forks have a weight limit and I'm just lucky to be alive,or are they rated "Bubba-tough"??

Thanks to the Hayes guys for the post-race beers and hospitality.

Killn' it

5 comments:

Tom K said...

Bubba + Carbon = accident waiting to happen

Anonymous said...

We were HAUL'in

Randy

Anonymous said...

That fork was "bubbafied"! Would you mind riding my bike for a while...I'd like a new fork to.

Anonymous said...

Bubba
What gearing did you use ? Thanks

Mike said...

Nice work on the rigid pain machine!