Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I'M AT A DIS-ADVANTAGE.......

The fast guy's always have cool race reports. How can I write an interesting one like this guy, this guy, or this guy???? I can't..... However, now that Iv'e started and refuse to DNF, here goes.

The day started with a few of my fellow sport clydes bustin' my chops because they did not see my name on the weigh-in sheet. I forgot. So off I go to registration to weigh in. As I was about to step on the scale, I asked Minigoat (who was volunteering) if I looked like I lost 42 lbs. in the last couple days??? I don't remember her response. NOPE....gained 2.

Don yells gooooooooooooo and I'm feelin' pretty good on the lead out. Did not even notice my new 2 lbs. until we hit the hill climb. I was sufferin' at a turtle's pace all the way to the top. Once at the top, I turned my 244 lbs of rolling momentum to the desents, "gutterballing" almost out of control trying to make up the time lost inching up the climbs.

This was repeated the final 2 laps and wound up being good enough for second place and 1 step closer to winning my series overall, but the fat................................................tires and beer guy is going to battle until the bitter end.

If I get a new rig, and am able to keep it in 1 piece....I intend to finish the year singlespeeding. Someday I will find the stones to race SS on a ski hill .

7 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

Your race reports are so much better than those other guys.

Mountaingoat said...

Take that back. I just read the other race reports. Yours really does suck.

Anonymous said...

Your report would have been much better had you crashed and squashed someone (not me) or at least put another bike to rest.

tosacrosser said...

Instead of racing, you should have your loser kids out on the mrpw trails doing some much needed maintainance. Oh yeah, nice new section across from your house.......

DIHAF? said...

Dude, that was aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwweeeessssooommmmmeee!!!!!!

I am going to sit here for the rest of the day looking at your web site and hitting refresh.

Anonymous said...

I wanna be .... just .... like ..... YOU!!

bubba said...

I don't have Wheezer here to correct my spelling. I meant phat-tires-and-beer guy.