Thursday, December 14, 2006

BODY PUMP

Since Coop turned me on to the body pump classes at the "Y" I've been doing a couple of them a week. The classes are an hour long and are designed to be many reps of lighter weight done in tempo to some of the worst music known to man....I mean heck....They have turned Coop into quite the picture of fitness, so I thought I'd give it a go. What I originally thought was going to be a joke has turned out to be a real ass-kicker for yours truly. I cant believe how many muscles you DON'T use for cycling, I do fine on some of the exercises like the one pictured above and the clean and press stuff, but the squats?? are you kidding me....There is a 70 yr old lady who puts on more weight than me and my back is still scareeeemin' at me during that one. That damn smirk on her face is really starting to bug me too. I don't know if you can tell by looking at me, but my lower back and abs are really out of shape. So as long as the music doesn't cause me to commit a violent crime, I will stick with the body pump class in my attempt to start some sort of cross training plan. I could think of some pretty good tunes to kill an hour in the body pump class. Same goes for the spin classes, but I don't think they're taking requests.

6 comments:

MTB Girl said...

It probably doesn't hurt that there are mostly women in the class either, does it?

Anonymous said...

Which YMCA are you doing this at and what times? Might be fun just to pop in a point at you. =)

And are you going to be doing spin classes? Sheryl from WORS Sport Womens does a mean 2 hour class on Saturdays and Sundays come January or February at the YMCA at 124th and North.

Star Capital Management said...

Officer Naughty teaches body pump at Gold's Gym in Gurnee. How else could she get her legs so ripped?

tosacrosser said...

Man I love pumpin' the y too. How you think I ended up wit all them keeds?

bubba said...

Bdog....please provide the address along with days and times of Officer Naughty's.... ahem....pump classes.

thanks.

bubba said...

Bdog....please provide the address along with days and times of Officer Naughty's.... ahem....pump classes.

thanks.