Thursday, March 09, 2006





















KEITH'S BEEN DOIN' SOME THINKIN'

O.K... So I have been riding pretty consistantly this winter, and have not put on my usual winter coat (10 lbs) this year. I feel like I am in better shape now than last year at this time, but what now?? I can't help but think the next 6 weeks or so could pay dividends come summer. I know I need alot of work on the hills, but would going on MG's ride Saturday and getting dropped like a hit of acid at a Pink Floyd concert really be the best thing for me? Or would I be better served doing a ride that I at least have a chance of staying in? I plan to start ramping up my riding (I'm not yet ready to incorporate the word "training" into my vocabulary) on the road for a while as the trails will be shitty for the forseeable future.
I guess I'm wondering if I should be doing long rides to log a bunch of miles or trying to hang as long as possible on some rides I have no business being in?
I'm going to try one of those Parkside races....I have no business doing that.

I know some of you guys put together a schedule of races you plan to do before the season. I have been looking at that as well and thinking about which ones I will do if I have the opportunity. I know I can't stick to a firm schedule because of my family obligations. Something will always come up last minute to throw a wrench into my plans.
That said, I had a blast at Chequamegon last year and will do that again if I get in. If I don't get in and must rely on my writing skills to get an invite, I think it is safe to say I will be doing one of my many yard projects that weekend. I want to get on a team for 24-9, and some folks are encouraging me to give Ore to Shore a try. I also want to give WEMS a whirl this year. The Blue mounds, Crystal Ridge, and John Muir races are kinda on the radar. That and 9-10 WORS races should be enough to keep me busy....We'll see.
That's it.....Keith's done enough thinkin'....out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listen to cooop, Bubb's! You could have stuck with Mr. Evil on last Saturday's Holy Hell ride. And we always let him catch back up even though he smelled of vomit. As a clydesdale we know you would never give up any food the way Mr. Evil did!

Mountaingoat said...

You're welcome to join the ride. Can't say it won't be fast though. One Pro, Two Semi-Pro's, maybe a third. A Cat 1, and whole whole buttload of experts.

bubba said...

Thanks man...BUT...If I can't rely on a few inches of snow, sub zero temps or the dark of night to slow you guys down a bit, I think it's probably best if I just read about this one. Promise me you'll send someone home cryin' like a baby though.

W&S Hales Corners @ 9:30am Saturday

Mountaingoat said...

I do have someone in mind that I want to put in the hurt locker. Hopefully they show.

Ronsta, said...

Ooooooh, this oughta be good!