Sunday, March 19, 2006

PARKSIDE...FIRST ROAD RACE IN THE BOOKS

I finished towards the back 1/3 in the 4-5 race, but in the pack and in one piece. That's good....
The day started with some great pointers from some of the guys that normally drag my sorry ass around on road rides. Danny,Coop, Rick, Lenny, and Jerry all gave me good advice and I tried to put it to use. Even TheTool told me to "break a leg", but I think he meant litterally. At the start line Coop said "This aint like the group you're used to riding with...There's gonna be some really squirely f%&kers out here". Coop was right...As I've said before, I am fairly new to road riding and am learning more every time I saddle up, but I witnessed some stuff today that I've never seen before including a nice "pile-up" about 15 yards in front of me. I think if I would have been prepared for the increased pace on the last lap, I may have even done a bit better......Who knows?? I never thought it would be that much fun. I think I'll giver another go next Sunday.

3 comments:

bmxmtbfam said...

time to shave the legs

DIHAF? said...

Don't let any of those little squirrely %$#^&%$ push you around, Bubba. Nevermind

TonyG said...

It's fun until you find yourself sliding on pavement. I'll be down for a couple, but not until April.